Thursday, May 5, 2011

Last Utility Bill

I didn't realize that it's been over a month since my last post. Eco-Panels is keeping me quite busy. My most recent utility bill was $34.45, which continues to reflect the impressive performance of this prototype. I am working on planting my organic gardens and so far I have planted blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. Even though I haven't had much time to focus on the organic raised bed vegetable gardens, I am researching possible options that will help me build these gardens safely and affordably. Once I get more information and the time to build the raised beds, I will do a post on this topic.

2 comments:

  1. Craig,

    Nice Site! I ventured over here from the green building advisor. I'm actually building a "healthy" house in the Asheville area now and I was wondering what your thoughts were on wall assemblies? I don't have the luxury of going with SIPs, but my builder is framing up 2X6 exterior walls. We had planned to go with Open Cell Spray Foam, but are reconsidering since we have some MCS issues and we are unsure of the off gassing potential of the foam. Have you ever worked with Dense Packed Cellulose in this region? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

    Thanks,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    Please feel free to call me @ (828) 450-8504 to discuss your project in more detail.

    Best Regards,
    Craig T. Payne

    ReplyDelete